- Visit our website
at https://www.metrol.com , or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
names phone numbers email addresses mailing addresses usernames passwords billing addresses contact preferences
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called
'crash dumps' ), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
fulfil and manage your orders. We may process your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time. For more information, see
' WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS? ' below.
- To protect our Services. We may process your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure, including fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To identify usage trends. We may process information about how you use our Services to better understand how they are being used so we can improve them.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns. We may process your information to better understand how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to you.
- To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e.
consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Learn more about withdrawing your consent.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to
fulfil our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send users information about special offers and discounts on our products and services
Analyse how our Services are used so we can improve them to engage and retain users
- Support our marketing activities
- Diagnose problems and/or prevent fraudulent activities
- Understand how our users use our products and services so we can improve user experience
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Contact us using the contact information provided.
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name
Gender and date of birth
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
Browsing history, search history, online
Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
Business contact details in order to provide you our Services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
Student records and directory information
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
- Category A -
As long as the user has an account with us
C - As long as the user has an account with us
E - As long as the user has an account with us
F - As long as the user has an account with us
J - As long as the user has an account with us
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
Whilst at our site, address: Metrol Springs Limited, 5 Clayfield Close, Moulton Park Industrial Estate, Northampton, NN3 6QF, we offer visitors free guest wifi. When using this service we may collect data about:
- Your device
- The volume of your data you use
- The amount of time you are connected to our network
When signing up to receive our weekly updates, we will request your first and last name and your email address. We will use this information to send you these updates and occasionally to check with you if the information is still valid and correct. The information gathered (your first name, last name and email address) is not sold, rented or traded with other businesses or organisations.
To send our weekly updates we use a third party service provider called MailChimp. We gather information about who opens our emails, location by country of the person who opens the email, who clicks on which links within the emails, and how many times the emails are opened and clicked on. For information on MailChimp click here: https://mailchimp.com/
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters by clicking on the unsubscribe link in one of our emails or email us directly at [email protected]
When you sign up for an account on our website, the data we request is stored for the purpose of allowing you to experience a faster checkout. We may use your name, email address and phone number if we need to get in touch with you regarding an order you have placed with us or your account. You can login into your account to change the information you have stored on our website or to close your account at any time.
If you decide not to set up an account, your data is still stored in the form of your customer order.
Regardless of whether an account has been set up by law we have to retain customer orders for 7 years. Every 2 years this order information is archived and moved to a secure location. After 5 years this information is then destroyed.
Account information is stored indefinitely until the account is closed.
If you make a purchase through our website, your payment will be processed through a payment gateway and as such any card data is processed off site by a secure payment service provider. The payment gateway we use is by SagePay, you can find more information here: https://www.sagepay.co.uk
Metrol Springs does not store your personal card information.
Any personal information stored in a digital format is done so on our secure in-house server. This is backed up on a daily basis, encrypted to AES256 standards and transmitted to a secure data centre in the UK. This data is also replicated and backed up to a secondary secure data centre in the UK for redundancy measures. This process is performed by software using an encryption key that is only known to Metrol Springs. The personal data we store, never leaves the UK. The company we use for data backup is DataStore365, you can find out more about them here: http://www.datastore365.co.uk/
DataStore365 hold active ISO27001 information security accreditations to show their internal processes have been audited.
Access To Your Personal Information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to Metrol using the email address: [email protected] and we will process your request within 24hrs. You can also call us on 01604 499 332.